Introduction to “Junior Optical Dispenser Course”
This short-term training course aim is to prepare the human resource for spectacles fitting, Eye ware maintenance, and to make able to establish and operate the optical shop. This course has assumed that after completing this course trainee can able to get the job or start their own business.
This course aim is to prepare human resource having knowledge and skills related to optical dispensing, who may get easily employment.
Objectives of Junior Optical Dispenser course is as follows.
After completion of this course, trainee will be able to
- Prepare spectacles as per prescription
- Maintenance of spectacle frame and its accessories
- Manage optical shop.
Duration of Training:
This course duration is 3 month (390 hours)
- SLC/SEE passed
- 18 years or Above
- Has to pass entrance examination
After successful completion of this course, the training institute will award trainee by “Junior Optical Dispenser” certificate.
To become an eligible trainer for this course as per the curriculum, minimum education should be optometrist/Diploma in Ophthalmic Science level having 3 years of working experience in related field.
Curriculum of this program includes 5 modules
2. Selection and counseling of frame and Lens
3. Spectacle fitting and dispensing
5. Entrepreneurship Development
What will be Job Responsibilities for Optical Dispenser:
- Interpret optical prescriptions prescribed by ophthalmic assistants, orthoptics, optometrists or ophthalmologists;
- Give advice to patients on lens type, frames, and wearing procedures
- With further training, fit contact lenses and give advice on their care and use;
- Take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning;
- Repair and maintenance of spectacles frame as required
- Select, manage and order a range of optical products;
- Order lenses from prescription houses;
- Check lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications;
- Arrange and maintain shop displays
- Communicate and coordinate with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers.
2. Bharatpur Eye Hospital
3. Himalaya Eye Hospital, Pokhara, Nepal4. Lumbini Eye Care Center pvt. Ltd, Butwal, Nepal