An anti reflective or anti-reflection coating (ARC) is an optical coating applied to the surface of lens to reduce reflection from it. We can able to see better from this lens, and spectacle looks better by using this lenses.
ARC is just like coatings found on microscopes and lenses used in camera. These lens consist of various layers of metal oxides applied to the front and back lens surfaces. Because of layering effect, ARC sometimes have a hint of green or purple color, depending on the manufacturer’s formula.
Anti-reflective coating reduces both external and internal reflections on the lenses themselves, creating a best cosmetic appearance. Internal reflections from lens seem as rings that makes lens look thick. External reflections from lens mask your eyes from a clear, complete view when someone is looking at you.
Advantages of ARC lenses:
Getting an anti-reflective coating applied to your lenses is a good selection. The plastic lenses generally used in glasses or sunglasses usually transmit only 90% of the available light to the eyes. The remaining 10% of light is often obstructed by reflections on the lenses.
ARC improve efficiency where light would normally be lost due to reflections. It was originally created to reduce reflections on camera lenses and is now also used to improve the vision of millions of people who wear glasses or sunglasses.
It makes it easier for a glasses or sunglasses wearer to have direct eye contact with another person without his or her view being obstructed by reflections.
By reducing glare, it makes vision more crisp and clear than would be possible if the lenses were not coated.
It improves driving safety by allowing drivers to focus on the road without distractions from headlights and streetlights.
It reduces eyestrain for people who use computers often by decreasing glare from the computer screen.
It reduces eye fatigue for people who work in offices by lessening overhead glare that can be caused by unnatural lighting often found in offices.
It enhances the quality of a lens and also lengthens its lifetime by providing durability and resistance to water, dirt, heat, and scratches.
There are different types of anti-reflective coating. The best quality anti-reflective coatings are water-resistant because of the hydrophobic layer that prevents water spots from developing on the lens. This same hydrophobic layer makes it easier to clean lenses without damaging them. Another layer of anti-reflective coatings may include is an oleophobic layer. The oleophobic layer makes lenses resistant to the oil that is naturally excreted through your skin or any moisturizers you may wear. This layer also makes it easier to clean smudges off your lenses.
Getting an anti-reflective coating applied to your lenses is a great choice because they reduce reflections on your glasses or sunglasses and improve the durability of your lenses. Additional advantages are: less eyestrain, less eye fatigue, better vision, better eye contact, and safer driving.
What foods are healthy for your eyes ? Meanwhile people are busy with their daily activities, they forget to have proper dietry supplements.Proper food, balanced diet and healthy eyes are very much co-relating to each other.While world is fighting for the cause of blindness, ignorance of people to eat healthy food remains the leading creator […]
POKHARA UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES Announces Admission for B.Optom Program (4 years ) for 2075 BS(2018AD) A constituent program of Pokhara University at Himalaya Eye Hospital, Pokhara, Kaski First date of Publication: 09October 2018 Programs Seats Eligibility Remarks Merit Scholarship Paying Bachelor of Optometry (B.Optom) 1 14 Higher Secondary Level (10+2 science streams) Biology group […]
National Academy of Medical Science (NAMS) has published notice related to the entrance examination for Bachelor in Optometry and Vision Science program, As per the notice published on NAMS official website on date 9 Feb 2018, the entrance examination will be conducted on 19 Feb 2018 (2074-11-07 BS) in Little Angels’ School, Hattiban, Lalitpur, Nepal. […]