In the market, we found lots of contact lens solution nowadays. Most of the contact lens solutions work as Multipurpose functions such as disinfection, cleaning, rinsing, lubricating, protein removal and preservation etc.
10 Tips for Healthy contact lens wear
1. Wash your hands before handling the contact lens.
2. Rinse your lens case daily with best quality contact lens solution and leave it to air drying.
3. If you feel unusual discomfort in your eyes, such as redness, watering, difficult to see in the light, vision changes. Remove contact lens and stop using it. Contact your eye care practitioner immediately.
4. Replace your old lens case with the new one at every 1-3 month or as per your eye care professionals suggestion.
5. Do not swim, shower while wearing lenses.
6. Do not wear contact lens beyond the recommended period.
7. Do not sleep with wearing contact lens.
8. Avoid direct airflow into the eye while wearing lenses.
9. Never use direct tap water as lens solution.
10. Do not use cosmetics or hairspray in eyes wearing lenses.
Always follow eye care practitioner’s direction for proper using of the contact lens.
Author: Ismael Cordero Clinical Engineer, Philadelphia, USA. Retinoscopy: Retinoscopy is the use of a retinoscope to measure a patient’s refractive error. Retinoscopy is an objective method of refraction in which the patient does not need to tell the practitioner how they see. If instead, they ask the patient questions about how she/ he sees, that […]
A comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of olopatadine hydrochloride 0.1% ophthalmic solution and cromolyn sodium 2% ophthalmic solution in seasonal allergic conjunctivitis Authors: Constance H Katelaris, MD’Correspondence information about the author MD Constance H Katelaris, Giorgio Ciprandi, MD, Luc Missotten, MD, F.Darell Turner, PhD, Donata Bertin, PhD, Gilles Berdeaux, MD International Olopatadine Study Group∗ […]
Recently, People of Kathmandu are getting diseased due to the increasing pollution which is not only affecting the lungs and respiratory system but in the eyes of people living in the Capital city of Nepal. Due to the carelessness of people, they are getting conjunctivitis and vision-threatening problems. Increase in the number of patients visiting the […]