The LV Prasad Eye Institute in Hyderabad, India, in collaboration with the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia is offering an online Masters in Community Eye Health program. This program is truly unique, flexible innovative Community Eye Health program. There is also another program which is 1 year mph program online i.e Master of Public Health (Community Eye Health), running by University of Capetown.
Introduction to Online Master in Community Eye Health (MCEH) program of LVPEI
The aim of this nine-week fully online course is to enhance eye health professionals’ understanding of
the major global initiatives regarding prevention and control of blindness including ‘VISION 2020’ and to equip them with the ability to transcribe these at the local level.
The major topics include
(1) The concept of ‘community’
(2) Definitions of blindness and visual impairment
(3) Global initiatives of VISION:2020, The Right to Sight
(4) Impact of blindness and visual impairment at the global and local levels;
(4) Health systems and access to eye health;
(5) The social determinant of eye health
(6) Millennium Developmental Goals (MDG) and eye health.
The courses offered in the Community Eye Health programs are as follows:
- Intro to Community Eye Health
- Community Eye Health Needs Ass
- Epidemiology of Blinding Eye Diseases
- Advocacy & Edu in Community Eye Health
- Eye Hlth Econ & Sustainability
- Eye Care Program Management
- Community Eye Health Project
Online study offers the advantage of time and location flexibility. Subject to the good internet connection, you can be located anywhere in the world so you can study from home or anywhere that is convenient for you. You can also study when you like. You are not constrained by lecture times and can go online to participate in the course at any time.
Learning online is by necessity more independent than face-to-face learning. The learner needs to exercise self-discipline to ensure sufficient reading and thinking time, and engagement with colleagues. A range of learning strategies is built into the Master of Community Eye Health program to encourage engagement and to ensure exposure to real eye care programs and providers, despite the distance.
course participants are assessed on the basis of online quizzes, online discussions, written report, presentations and contribution to individual and peer group activities
Learning and Teaching Method:
Online teaching methods include critical analysis of case studies, online group discussions, presentations and asynchronous online discussions.
LVPEI is also running Diploma in Community Eye Health (DCEH)
Dr Srinivas Marmamula
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
L V Prasad Eye Institute