(Second Publish Date: 04 May 2018)
The Gurkha Welfare Trust (Nepal) invites application from suitably qualified applicants for the post of Doctor Position to work in providing and managing the medical services delivered from our Area Welfare Centres across Nepal. This post will be based in the Area Welfare Centre, Damak, Jhapa in Eastern Nepal.
Are you interested in joining an exciting organisation dedicated to delivering high quality welfare and medical support to elderly pensioners across Nepal? Do you want to make a difference and contribute to developing healthcare in Nepal? We need both male and female applicants.
· Must have qualified as a Medical Doctor (MBBS).
· Must be registered with Nepal Medical Council (NMC).
· Must have good commands of both spoken and written English.
· Must be computer literate.
· Must be Nepali citizen.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of three years of work experience with Govt/ Private hospitals/Health Posts/centers.
· Experience in working in remote areas with Government/ international organizations preferable.
· Experience in coaching, teaching, mentoring and managing of clinical staff is highly desirable.
· Experience in working/consulting elderly patients and chronic diseases desirable.
Cluster Doctor : (One Position for AWC Damak, Jhapa)
Your role will be to deliver primary care consultations to the pensioners living in these cities and surrounding rural areas. You will travel regularly within the region to support the delivery of primary care to the pensioners. You will work in a team of doctors in that area and support them and the mobile health assistants visiting the pensioner’s homes regularly. Therefore you will conduct telephone consultations and reviews as well as face to face consultations on a regular basis. The clinical challenges will be mainly concerning the older population of retired ex-servicemen, focusing mainly on chronic non communicable diseases.
Competitive Salaries as per the GWT(N) Staff Regulations. Accommodation will not be provided.
The job is offered for one year initially and may be extended to one more year. The interview will be conducted in English.
Applications, clearly stating the job or jobs that you are applying for, with Curriculum Vitae, recent passport size photo, copy of citizenship and any other relevant certificates should be sent to the Deputy Field Director, The Gurkha Welfare Trust (Nepal), British Gurkhas Pokhara, P.O. Box 50, Tallo Dip, Pokhara, Email: email@example.com. The application submission deadline is 18 May 2018. Applicants that have applied previously for the post NEED NOT apply again.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.