- Raise the profile, among the key audiences, of the causes of avoidable blindness and the solutions that will help to eliminate the problem.
- Identify and secure the necessary resources around the world in order to provide an increased level of prevention and treatment programmes.
- Facilitate the planning, development, and implementation of the three core Vision 2020 strategies by National Programmes.
Components of Vision 2020
Vision 2020: Target Disease Areas
- Refractive error
- Childhood blindness
- Low vision
- Onchocerciasis/river blindness
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Gender and blindness
- Vitamin A deficiency