TIO has published Envision newsletter Volume: 0, Issue: May-Aug 2020, Year: 2020. The first edition of this newsletter consists of 16 pages.
Contents of Envision :
- Myopia control: Where we stand? (Dr Srijana Adhikari)
- NEW ERA OF CATARACT SURGERY AT TIO (Dr Sanduk Ruit, MD, FRACO,/Dr Shyam Vyas, MD)
- FAQs on Refractive Surgery Services
- Academic & Training Department Academic & Training Activities
- Research Activities
- SMILE—YOUR WAY TO PERFECT VISION (Dr Shashwat Dhungel, MD)
- PHAKIC IOL (Dr. Yogita Rajbhandari, MD)
- ‘‘Fogged Lens?’’ Life Hacks!’’ (Purushottam Dhungana M.Optom, O.D.)
- Demystifying Journal Misconceptions and Publications (Raja Ram Gurung, M.Sc (Microbiology)
- Prescribing and Dispensing glasses: Is it just the prescription that all matters? (Rupesh Poudel M.Optom)
- EYE CARE IN THE AFTERMATH OF COVID-19 (Rabindra Adhikary M.Optom-First Batch Student)
- Digital Devices: A Pain in the Neck! (Birendra Mahat, Sandeep Kandel M.Optom-First Batch Students)
- COVID-19 Era And Dry Eye (Asmita Bhusal, M.Optom-First Batch Student)
- Yesterday’s and Today’s Eye Banking in Nepal (Shankha N. Twyana, MEd, MPH.)
- The Unsung Story
How to Subscribe Envision Newsletter?
For Subscription and Feedback, Please send your name and email to training @ tilganga.org
Myopia Control Atropine Therapy in Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology Nepal
Dr Srijana Adhikari
Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology started atropine therapy for myopia progression control from September 2018 with an enrollment of 150 children in the first batch. It was the first-time atropine in myopia study was introduced in Nepal. The mean age of subjects was 12.26 years among which, 42% fall in age group of 6 – 10 years and 72 % in the age group of 11-16 years of age. The minimum age of onset of myopia is found to be 4 years and maximum age is 15 years of age Mean refractive error seen in the baseline data is -3.24 in right eye and -3.15 in left eye respectively. With completion of two years we are entering into the wash out
phase. use 0.01% commercially available atropine drop. The protocol recommended by WHO (Adaptation with slight modification in the age group of children) was followed. Children with myopia of 1D or more with progression of >0.5D in last one year and associated astigmatism of not more than 1.5D are included in the study.