What is Glaucoma?
|Intraocular pressure measurement of the patient, Photo By Fernando Yaacov Pena, IAPB WSD Photo Competition|
Types of Glaucoma:
1. Primary open-angle glaucoma(POAG):
2. Angle-closure glaucoma / Narrow-angle glaucoma(ACG)
|Open-Angle Versus Angle Closure|
Symptoms of Glaucoma
- Blurred Vision
- Severe Eye Pain
- Nause (You feel sick to your stomach)
- Rainbow-coloured rings or halos around lights (Due to swelling of Cornea)
Sign of Glaucoma
Commonly asked questions about Glaucoma
1. How serious is glaucoma?
2. What is the average age to get glaucoma?
3. Can you go blind if you have glaucoma?
4. How long does it take to go blind from glaucoma?
5. What happens if you have glaucoma?
6. What vitamins are good for glaucoma?
7. What foods are good for glaucoma? or What foods to eat to lower eye pressure?
8. Which foods and beverages to avoid if you have glaucoma?
9. Can glaucoma be reversed?
10. Can glaucoma be caused by stress?
|Measuring Intraocular Pressure using an applanation tonometer|
11. Can glaucoma be stopped?
12. How do you avoid getting glaucoma?
- Get regular eye exams.
- Know your family’s eye health history
- Take prescribed eyedrops only
- Wear eye protection
- Do regular exercise
- Avoid bad eating habits