Nepal Eye Program, Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology (TIO) a centre of excellence in comprehensive eye care service delivery including training; research; intraocular lens manufacturing facility: eye bank and community program is currently looking for qualified Nepali candidates to apply for the following positions on the contract basis which is renewable thereafter subject to satisfactory performance.
Optometrist (No. of Position: 1) – Level 7
The optometrist will be responsible for:
- General/ specialized patients’ examination.
- Diagnose, manage & refer patients with ocular/ vision problems
- Management of contact lens/ Refractive surgical unit patients.
- Management of low vision patients along with their visual/ social rehabilitation. -Conduct Orthoptic evaluation with vision therapy.
- Bachelor in Optometry (4-year Curriculum) from a reputed institution.
- Registered at Nepal Health Professional Council.
- Related work experience & training will be added advantage.
- Pleasant personality. sound knowledge of computer, good verbal & written communication skills in English & Nepali language.
Ophthalmic Assistant (No. of Position: 2)- Level 5B- TIO/Community Eye Centre
The Ophthalmic Assistant (O.A.) will be responsible for
- support of clinical activities; provide patient care and maintaining clinical procedures as needed.