- Eat plenty of green vegetables and yellow fruits. Anti-Oxidants, apart from keeping our body healthy, they help to wash out unhealthy cells and neutralize free radical. They protect our eyesight and vision. Vitamins and nutrients help to keep clear Cornea, Lens and Retina functioning in a systemic manner. It also prevents diseases by maintaining collagen fibres.
- Wash your eyes in a regular interval of time. Water is the best solvent to keep your eyes clean. Eyes being open all the time, it catches dust and dirt of the surrounding environment in which you live in.
- Wear your prescription glasses if you have a headache or eye ache. The glass can also prevent eyes from Trauma / Injury. Glasses could be the best correction you could have if you don’t see far and near objects or people clearly.
- Use anti U.V protection glasses while working/Traveling on snow, desert or when working with Welding lights.
- Visit an ophthalmologist if your child has watering problems since birth. The blockage of the nasolacrimal system could be the major cause.
- Do not try to remove any foreign body on your own. A small touch to the cornea may lead to ulcer or tear.
- If you are diabetic or hypertensive, have your retina checked every 6 months.
- If your child tells he/she has a problem seeing whiteboards at school, If they rub eyes constantly, sits near to television, leans forward while doing homework or half-shut the eyes while looking at something, he probably need glasses. He/she must have vision correction with appropriate minus or plus power lens for myopia or hypermetropia respectively.
- A contact lens can be a great alternative to your glasses but they require regular attention and care.
- If your child complains of seeing lesser at night, he is suffering from night blindness most probably due to vitamin A deficiency. He/she needs vitamin A supplements to restore the function of Rod cells in the retina.
- Corneal transplant is successfully done in the 21st century to the patient with the white opacified cornea. You cannot transplant your whole eyeball.
- If your elderly people complain of blurred vision, they have whitish pupil, the vision diminishing is gradual, the probability is the cataract. They need surgery, medication doesn’t cure cataract till 2020.
- Don’t squeeze or rub your eyeballs. Many people seem to rub eyes when they itch. The best solution is to wash the eyes with clean water. The dust in your eyes could cause corneal abrasions or lacerations when you rub eyes with hand.
- Don’t sit too near to television, desktop or Laptop. The light could affect your retina.
- Do not look at welding lights, Snow or sand in the desert for long directly. The welding light is the source of U.V rays while snow and desert reflect the sunlight. That leads to inflammation of cornea and conjunctiva termed as “Photopthalmia”.
- Do not sit on the computer for a long time. Don’t use mobile phone for longer periods of time. Computer vision syndrome is a serious problem. It causes dry eyes, eye ache, headache, nausea and vertigo.
- Don’t look into the bright source of light like flashlight, vehicle light, spotlight, Household bulbs, Sun, or Solar eclipse. It causes the irreversible retinal burn. Solar retinopathy is unknowingly dangerous as people look into the direct solar eclipse and go blind.
- Smoking cause cells in our body to mutate. The inhaled smoke cause toxification of the blood in the body. Cells die, or they cause strong chemical reaction and cells turn into free radical. The free radical cause oxidation of other healthy cellular molecules. This caused disease like cataract and AMD to speed up.
- Alcohol, Diabetic, and Hypertensive patient is a great combo for somebody to get blind. Alcohol is a slow killer of life as well as vision. Hypertensive and diabetic retinopathies are the two major eye diseases and a leading cause of blindness in the 21st century.
- Do not practice self-medication. Some eye drops can be life-threatening. You could get blind in the blink of an eye. In developing nations, where pharmacy practice is open to all, people with little or no knowledge about the eye, practice eye medication dispensing. A study found Some easily available steroid eye drops that’s handy and cheap are recorded to induce cataract and glaucoma.
- Do not put mothers milk, Mustard oil into the eyes of your children. They cause of the tear drainage system to get blocked.
- Remove Eyeliners, Maskara, kajal before you go to bed.
- Do not sleep wearing contact lenses on. Not all contact lenses are sleepwear. Only some contact lenses are to correct your vision while you sleep. Consult your Optometrist to know more.
- Unnecessary hot compression or cold compression on the eyeball is never needed unless your eye doctor tells you to do so.
- Do not visit traditional healers who claim to treat you with wizard powers.
Internet news on the eye :
|Canadian model whose tattooing went horribly wrong.
- Recent tattooing of the conjunctiva of the eyeball is being practised. We personally would suggest you stay away from eye tattooing. You don’t need to modify your natural status of the eye unless you are prescribed by your ophthalmologists. Recently a Canadian model tried it and it went horribly wrong.
- Some pages on the internet claim them as sarcasm site made for laughter. These pages in the name of meme share stupid facts like Pouring fresh lime (lemon juice) in the eye to make it go green, pouring salt to make it whiter. We strongly ask you to stop trying such foolish stuff.
- Avoid following youtube channels who claim to treat your cataracts without surgery.
- Do not practice what stupid websites on the internet claim to cure any ocular problem with weird household made medications. The eye is a sensitive organ. You cant get another if you damage yours.