Here is the details of Health Insurance in Nepal and its coverage for Eye Health Treatment
Social Health Security Progam, Health Insurance is the Government program based on the comprehensive social contributory scheme with the subsidy to the poor and Universal Health Coverage.
- To ensure access to quality health service (equity & equality).
- To protect from financial hardship and reduce out-of-pocket payments.
Features of Health insurance in Nepal:
- Contributory/Family Based
- Subsidy to Poor
- Purchaser and Provider Split
- Cash-less (Upper Cap )
- IT-based (IMIS)
- Public and Private Providers
Major features of the Social Health Security Program (Health insurance) of Nepal
- Universal coverage: People of all ages are eligible.
- Family size: five members. Additional members can be added.
- Premium payment is annual. Annual renewal.
- Registration: door to door visit by enrollment assistance.
- Co-payment: yes for medicine but not for free medicine
- Referrals: Available in central, regional and zonal hospitals.
- Premium: NPR 3500 for five members of the family per year, NPR 700 for each additional member of the family per year
The HIB has the provision to provide subsidy for the poor and vulnerable to get enrol into the scheme (100% subsidy for ultra-poor families, elderly population, Female community healthvolunteers and patients with HIV/AIDS, MDR-TB, Leprosy, Null-Disability.
Does National Health Insurance (Social Health Security Program) Cover for Eye treatment?
Where insurance holder of the National Health Insurance program need to go for Eye Treatment?
Eye Health Service providers health institutions (Eye Hospitals Providing Health Insurance Service)
- Mechi Eye Hospital
- Mechi Drishti Eye Hospital, Birtamod
- Birtamod Eye Hospital P. LTD
- Eye Care Center Khotang
- Biratnagar Eye Hospital
- District Community Eye Center Solukhumbu
- Sagarmatha Chaudhary Eye Hospital, Lahan
- Nava Dristi Eye Hospital Pvt. Ltd, Sunsari
- Janaki Eye Hospital, Janakpur
- R.M Kedia Eye Hospital, Birgunj
- Kiran Eye Hospital, Birgunj
- Birgunj Drishti Eye Care Centre Pvt. Ltd
- Gaur Eye Hospital, Rautahat
- District Community Eye Center, Bhaktapur
- B P Eye Foundation, CHEERS, Bhaktapur
- Bharatpur Eye Hospital, Chitwan
- Reiyukai Eiko Masunaga Eye Hospital, Kavrepalanchok
- Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology, Kathmandu
- Hetauda Community Eye Hospital, Makawanpur
- District Community Eye Centre, Ramechhap
- Himalaya Eye Hospital, Kaski
- District Eye Care Center, Arghakhanchi
- Fateh Bal Eye Hospital Nepalgunj, Banke
- Rapti Eye Hospital, Dang
- Palpa Lacoul Eye Hospital, Palpa
- Kali Gandaki Eye Care Centre, Palpa
- Lumbini Eye Institute & Research Center, Rupandehi
- Eye Hospital Salle Rukum
- Surkhet Eye Hospital, Surkhet
- Geta Eye Hospital, Kailali
Eye Health Package
1. Eye hospital OPD package: Rs 200 Per Visit
2. Eye hospital Emergency package :Rs 400 per visit
3. Surgery and Medicine Pacakage