This policy has been formulated on the basis of the lists of exclusive and concurrent powers and functions of federal, state and local levels as per the constitution; the policies and programmes of the Government of Nepal; the international commitments made by Nepal at different times; and the problems, challenges, available resources and evidence in the health sector.
- To create opportunities for all citizens to use their constitutional rights to health.
- To develop, expand and improve all types of health systems as per the federal structure.
- To improve the quality of health services delivered by health institutions of all levels and to ensure easy access to those services.
- To strengthen social health protection system by integrating the most marginalised sections.
- To promote multi-sectoral partnership and collaboration between governmental, non-governmental and private sectors and to promote community involvement, and
- To transform the health sector from profit-orientation to service-orientation.
Eye Care in National Health Policy of Nepal
Policies 6.17 Mental Health, oral, eye, ear, nose, throat shall be developed and expanded.
National Health Policy 2076 has clearly mentioned on their policies and strategies that “Primary eye care services will be integrated into the basic health care delivery system of the government. “
An eye health unit will be established in the Federal Ministry of Health to coordinate, cooperate and regulate eye health services by developing and expanding eye health services in the Public-Private Partnership(PPP) model.