Every Year during the time of Hindu’s Religious festival of Lights called Deepawali (Diwali), lots of people make their way to the beds of hospitals. Many of them get injured by firecrackers which is a blinding truth about this festival of lights. Most of them are children. From the bright glow of sparklers to the thrill of bottle rockets and Roman candles, fireworks have become a recent part of Hindu culture.
- Firstly by the heat with which Firecrackers burns and fall on the eye,
- Second by the force that firecracker falls on the eye,
- Third by the chemical that firecracker has.
What factors cause eye injuries with firecrackers?
What you need to do if you get injured?
- The first thing to do is, stay Calm and help the victim stay calm.
- Get the victim to medical care as soon as possible. The injury might seem less but, with time the injury can worsen.
- Don’t put on pressure if its eye injury. Applying pressure may cause an injured eye to leak fluids and internal parts if the injury is penetrating or perforating type.
- If hot ash drops somehow in the eye, wash quickly with water.
- Never try to remove a foreign body if you see on. Your doctor will remove it seeing the condition of the eye. Sometimes, surgery is required to remove any foreign body penetrated partially or fully inside the eye.
- Cover the eye with cotton and tape and rush to the hospital. (Click here to see how eye pad is made in-home)