Medical Education Commission, Government of Nepal published the notice for Medical Education Common Entrance Examination for Post Graduate 2020 for the following courses including Master in Optometry.
- MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery)
- MDS (Master in Dental Surgery)
- MPH (Master of Public Health) MSc. PH (Master of Science in Public Health), MPHN, MHPE, MPH (Public Health Service Management)
- MD Ayurveda (Kayachikitsa)
- Master in Nursing/ Midwifery/MSc Nursing
- Master in Pharmacy (M. PHARM), MSc. Pharmacy, Master of Pharmaceutical Science
- Msc. MIT (Master of Science in Medical Imaging Technology)
- Msc Clinical/ Medical biochemistry & Msc. Clinical Medical Microbiology
- M. Optom (Master in Optometry)
- M Phil in Clinical Psychology
Detail notice will be published at http://www.mec.gov.np on Bhadra 31, 2077.
Medical Education Commission of Nepal
As per the provision of the National Medical Education Act 2075, in the context of the essence and spirit of the reports of the commission, committee and task force formed to improve medical education at different times; Medical Education Commission has been established to:
- increase the investment of the state in the field of medical education,
- develop medical education in line with the national needs of Nepal,
- regulate medical education in an integrated and efficient way,
- organize the work related to the establishment and operation of medical institutions,
- maintain quality, professionalism, institutional accountability, geographical balance and social justice in medical education,
- ensure equal access of all students including the deprived.
The Act defines medical education as education of all disciplines and levels related to the health profession (Health Professional Education).
Bachelor of Optometry Eligibility
a. Passed 10+2 Science or equivalent (with Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with 50%
aggregate in total marks or GPA 2.4
Secured the percentage equivalent to above eligibility in regards to the certificate
level programs (eg. A-Level) with different grading system
b. Applicants who have passed the Health Science Proficiency Certificate/Diploma
(General Medicine, Medical Lab Technology, Ophthalmic Science, Dental Science,
Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Radiography, Physiotherapy) with at least 50% aggregate in
total marks AND
c. Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council or Nepal Pharmacy Council or
Nepal Ayurveda Council as per related educational program