Government’s initiations to control of vitamin A deficiency in Nepal
- The biannual supplementation of high dose vitamin A capsules to 6-59 month-olds.
- Postpartum vitamin A supplementation for mothers within 42 days of delivery.
- Strengthen implementation of vitamin A treatment protocol for severe malnutrition, persistent diarrhoea, measles and xerophthalmia.
- Nutrition education to promote dietary diversification and consumption of vitamin A-rich foods.
- Ensuring the availability of vitamin A capsules at health facilities.
- Increase awareness of the importance of vitamin A supplementation.
- The biannual distribution of vitamin A capsules to 6 to 59-month olds through FCHVs.
- Advocate for increased home production, consumption and preservation of vitamin A-rich foods.
- Strengthen the use of the vitamin A Treatment protocol.
National Vitamin ‘A’ program 2020
COVID-19 Safety precaution will be followed on the National Vitamin A program of Nepal such as
- Arrangement of Soap and Water for Hand Washing, Sanitizer will be available.
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory.
- Maintain 2 meters of Physical distancing.